Catherine Lalumière, the President of the Association of Schools of Political Studies (ASPS), made a statement following the 18 November ruling by Azerbaijan’s Supreme Court on the appeal by Ilgar Mammadov, calling for his release. The Strasbourg case against Azerbaijan was brought by Ilgar Mammadov, a leading human rights defender, following his arrest and detention on politically motivated charges after he announced he would be standing against Ilham Aliyev in the country’s 2013 presidential election. Calling for action, and not just words, Catherine Lalumière said the EU, the Council of Europe and the OSCE must ensure proper implementation of the Court’s decisions and full respect for human rights including freedom of expression, freedom of association, freedom of the media and independence of the judiciary both in Azerbaijan and other member states.
- Conference: The EU Migration & Refugee Crisis January 10, 2017
- Free Ilgar Mammadov November 22, 2016
- VSPS Migration Program in Warsaw and Strasbourg November 10, 2016
- Visegrad School Meets Russia “Empowering Civil Society” July 29, 2016
- First edition of the 2016 VSPS Meets Russia July 25, 2016
June 23 - June 25